About Calvary ChapelWritten by admin on Sep 10, 2011
CALVARY CHAPEL VERO BEACH
Calvary Chapel Vero Beach began in 1995 as an outreach fellowship of Calvary Chapel Costa Mesa. We are a non-denominational church; however, we are in close fellowship with other Calvary Chapels worldwide.
Pastor Jim and his family were called by God to the work in Vero Beach in the summer of 1998 from Calvary Chapel Costa Mesa where Jim served for 9 years.
The principle aim of this fellowship is to be rooted and grounded in God’s Word. We believe the primary emphasis of the child of God is to grow in his/her relationship with God and that this is the most effective way of leading others into a relationship with Christ. Our greatest desire is to know Christ and to be conformed into His image by the power of the Holy Spirit. To this end, we place great emphasis upon worship and the teaching of God’s Word in our services.
“Until we come to the unity of the faith and the knowledge of the Son of God, to a perfect man, to the measure and the stature of the fullness of Christ.” Ephesians 4:13
PHILOSOPHY OF MINISTRY
Jesus said to Peter, “Feed my sheep” John 21:16. Therefore our meetings together focus on the verse by verse teaching of the Bible. This gives us all that we need for life and godliness 2 Peter 1:3-4.
Jesus said that His Father desired those who would worship Him in spirit and in truth John 4:23. Therefore our meetings together emphasize meaningful expressions of worship to God.
Jesus said that His children know His voice and are able to follow His leading
John 10:27, Therefore we do not seek to pressure or recruit people to do anything nor do we seek to get in the middle of someone’s life and tell them what to do. Rather, we seek to point them to Jesus and have them learn to hear His voice and follow His leading.
Jesus said, “I will build my church…” Matthew 16:18. He also said, “Abide in Me…for apart from Me you can do nothing” John 15:4-5. Therefore we do not strategize ways to make our church grow. Rather, we keep our eyes on Jesus and wait for His leading. “I will instruct you and teach you in the way which you should go; I will guide you with My eyes” Psalm 32:8.
TENETS OF FAITH
- We Believe scripture is the inspired Word of God. 2 Timothy 3:16
- We Believe there is one God who has revealed Himself in 3 distinct persons.
- We Believe in the deity of the Lord Jesus Christ…
- His virgin birth Matthew 1:23
- His sinless life Hebrews 7:26
- His substitutionary death 1 Corinthians 15:3
- His bodily resurrection Matthew 28:6
- His ascension to Heaven Acts 1:9-11
- His soon return for the church 1 Thessalonians 4:13-17
- We Believe man was created perfect, but through sin, fell. All men are born in sin and are separated from God and in need of a savior. Genesis 1:26-27, Romans 5:12
- We Believe salvation is received only by accepting the gracious gift of the only begotten Son of God who died to pay for man’s sin. This gift is received by faith alone and is not in any way earned by man’s efforts. Ephesians 2:8
- We Believe baptism is necessary for obedience. Matthew 28:19-20. We Believe the baptism of the Holy Spirit is a subsequent experience to salvation and the gifts of the Spirit are essential for the individual believer and the church as a whole. Acts 1:8
- We Believe there is a resurrection to life awaiting those who die in Christ as well as those who are alive and remain at His coming.
- Saturday 6PM
- 8AM A More Traditional Service
- 9:30AM and 11:15AM
- Thursday 7PM